Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My First Blog EVER!


My pastor introduced our Bible study group the word "ginosko", knowledge, as it is used in 2 Peter, chapter 1.  See below the definition from the source, http://biblehub.com/greek/1108.htm.

gnósis: a knowing, knowledge

Cognate: 1108 gnṓsis (a feminine noun derived from 1097 /ginṓskō, "experientially know") –functional ("working") knowledge gleaned from first-hand (personal) experience, connecting theory to application; "application-knowledge," gained in (by) a direct relationship. See 1097 (ginōskō).
1108 /gnṓsis ("applied-knowledge") is only as accurate (reliable) as the relationship it derives from.

Gnosis, ginosko...What a word! That's the kind of knowledge I desire for my students to have!  I am acquiring "ginosko" about blogging right now!  I hope that's correct Greek :).  Anyway, I'm excited about my first blog, and the name!.  What a gift we can give our students, a knowing kind of knowledge, not just head knowledge, firsthand experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment